BDO Law is independent, constantly growing and developing law firm that provides advice on all aspects of business law in Latvia. In the context of Belarusian - Latvian cross-border business we can help with:
- Opening up a company, daily tasks, general doing business in Latvia issues.
- Cross-border mergers/acquisitions in order to transfer part or all assets to Latvian jurisdiction.
- Sale of assets (real estate transactions, trademarks, etc.) to a Latvian company.
- Incorporation of subsidiary in Latvia/opening of a representative office, permanent establishment or branch in Latvia.
- Investment of the assets in the share capital of company based in Latvia.
- Opening of bank accounts in Latvia.
- Employment matters – posting of employees to work in another state, elaboration of documentation and ensuring compliance of existing and/or new employees with the legal framework of EU and Latvian employment regulation in case of transfer of business.
- Immigration issues - work and residence permits for citizens of Belarus.
- Regulatory and Compliance: advice on specific corporate issues, including anti-corruption, anti-bribery, whistleblowing system, competition, GDPR issues, licensing, compliance with consumer protection laws.
- Intellectual property law: registration of trademarks in EU/Latvia.